Please join People’s Energy Cooperative for a FREE workshop to augment your community’s current economic development practices. The program will be led by the University of Minnesota Extension Center for Community Vitality and their acclaimed program curriculum. Breakfast will be provided and pre-registration is required.
What: Business Retention and Expansion Workshop
When: October 12 from 8:30-11:30am, with a follow up meeting on November 16 from 8:30-10:00am
Where: People's Energy Cooperative Community Room (1775 Lake Shady Avenue South | Oronoco, MN 55960)
Who should attend?
- Economic development professionals
- Economic Development Authority board members and City Council members
- Community leaders interested in learning more about BR&E and how the practice can help their community
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- An enhanced knowledge of Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) as a core economic development strategy
- Insights on different models for BR&E in the community
- Enhanced business interviewing skills
- Increased ability to understand and act on the survey results
- Awareness of the educational and technical resources available to support community BR&E efforts at the University of Minnesota
When local businesses succeed, the local economy reaps the benefits. People's Energy Cooperative partners with businesses in many ways; from assisting with low-interest USDA Rural Economic Development loans to joining with local and statewide economic development agencies to bring real benefits home.
To learn more about our economic development programs contact Gwen Stevens at 507-367-7015 or 800-214-2694.