The undersigned, hereinafter called the "Applicant" hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from People's Energy Cooperative hereinafter called the "Cooperative" upon the following terms and conditions.
- If a deposit is required it will be applied as a credit to the account at the end of 12 consecutive months if an acceptable credit history has been established. An acceptable credit history is defined as no delinquent notices, no service disconnections, and no insufficient fund checks (NSF). If a pay history shows one or more of these elements, the deposit will be held until a pay history of 12 consecutive months has been experienced.
- The Applicant will cause buildings and premises to be wired in accordance with the National Electric Code and the Minnesota Wiring Regulations, and other wiring specifications approved by the Cooperative.
- The Applicant agrees to hold the Cooperative harmless from any losses or damage to life or property resulting from power interruptions caused by acts of God or by circumstances beyond the control of the Cooperative, and/or the applicant's failure to have premises wired according to the National Electric Code and the State of Minnesota Wiring regulations.
- The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of the Cooperative and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
- The Applicant hereby grants, after acceptance of this application by the Cooperative and if Applicant is or becomes the owner of said properties, to the Cooperative the right and authority to enter upon Applicant's land to provide electric energy to the Applicant or electric energy distribution service to other property or persons. This includes the right to cut down, trim, control the growth of, or eliminate by chemical treatment or mechanical means, such as trees, shrubbery and other plant growth under, over or adjacent to lines and equipment, necessary to keep them free and clear of the electrical lines and equipment, and to allow the cutting of any tree that may interfere with the proper operation of electrical lines. Applicant also grants the right of entry and exit over members' property to construct, reconstruct, re-phase, upgrade, repair, improve, replace, maintain, inspect and operate electric lines, meters and equipment of the Cooperative. This provision runs with the land and shall be binding upon members' heirs, successors and assigns.
- Service connections occur during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Please allow at least one business day to process application.
- A soft utility credit check is required for all new applicants. This will determine whether or not a deposit is needed.
- The Cooperative does not share membership information with non-affiliated sources.